In India, a rich tapestry of diverse religious traditions and cultural practices surrounds the rites performed to honor and remember departed family members, whether they are recent ancestors or forebears. We offer a comprehensive range of rituals and ceremonies to facilitate these meaningful and heartfelt tributes as explained below.
When a person’s departed ancestors and have not attained Moksha or Salvation due to lack of religious rituals immediately after their death. Dosha can be seen in one’s horoscope which is known as Pitra Dosha.
Pitru Dosh Pooja: Manes are known as Pitra in Hindi. Pitra are those people who died unnatural death and did not get salvation. Due to this, people perform remedies for the pacification of Pitra Dosha.
Pitra Dosha in a horoscope indicates that a person has not done enough for his ancestors or that they remain dissatisfied with him for some reason. Pitra Dosha can also result when a family member dies an unnatural death or if someone has not offered his respects to the souls of deceased loved ones.
Pitra Dosha brings sorrows in the life of an individual. This may come in the form of money loss, house hold conflicts, law suits or inability to conceive a child and difficulties on the career front.
Benefits of Pitra Dosha Puja
1. It will prevent any ill effects that may seriously harm the person and their progeny.
2. It will ensure that the person’s children are saved from the malefic effects of the Dosha.
3. It prevents untimely deaths and sudden life threatening accidents that may affect the native and his family.
4. It will eliminate financial troubles that the person is likely to suffer throughout their life.
5. It will ensure a happy and prosperous life in one’s personal life.
Kalsarp Pooja is performed to remove the harmful effects of Kaal Sarpa Dosh. It arises in a condition where all seven planets come between Ketu and Rahu. If a person kills or causes the death of a snake he attains Kaal Sarpa Dosha in his next birth. The person born under Kaal Sarpa Yoga struggles even after putting appropriate amount of hard work.
A person afflicted with Kaal Sarpa Dosha is said to experience the unusual such as seeing the dead or recently departed family members in their dreams. Also faces delays and obstacles, emotional instability, low confidence, bad health, loss of wealth.
By doing Kaal Sarpa Puja with great dedication and devotion, the ill effects could be overcome.
Rudra means God Shiva. Rudrabhishek is a puja ritual where the Panchamruth puja is offered to Lord Shiva with powerful Rudra Mantra and wishes of the person who gets it. Rudrabhishek puja is a supreme ritual. It is considered to be one of the purest rituals in Hinduism.
Benefits of Rudrabhishek:
1. Creating of happiness at palace.
2. Success in education, job and career.
3. Harmonious relationships.
4. Elimination of financial troubles.
5. Bringing peace and harmony in our abodes.
6. Elimination of health connected problems.
7. Blessing a person with a healthy mind and positive spirit.
Mahamrityunjaya mantra is also known as the Triyambaka Mantra. Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is a verse from the Rig Veda and is considered to be the most powerful Shiva Mantra. It bestows longevity, wards off calamities and prevents untimely death. It also removes fears and heals holistically.
Mahamrityunjaya Japa Mantra:
OM TRAYAMBAKAM YAJAAMAHE
The Main objectives of this Puja are:
1. To gain diseases free long life.
2. It neutralizes negativity by forming a positive shield around the performer.
3. It fulfils all unfulfilled desires.
4. It is helpful in warding off sorrow and poverty.
To overcome hardships in life.
For getting rid of all the adversities, for getting rid of all the ailments & bring blessed for longevity, for acquiring knowledge, for fulfilling all the wishes, for getting blessed by lord Shiva; “Rudraswahakar Pooja” is an effective, tried and tested ritual.
At the onset/at first, in Rudraswahakar after establishing Nava pith, prime resolution is done.
Positive Effects of Rudraswahakar Pooja:
1. It gives relief from unexpected problem.
2. To removes fear of death.
3. To overcomes illness.
4. It overcome previous birth karma.
5. To give happy present life.
6. It gives relief from relationship troubles.
7. It helps to attain success in life.
8. It create positive effect to the environment.
9. It gives good health and prosperity.
Ark Vivaha (Male)
Ark Vivaha is performed for the male who is having Manglik dosh or having second marriage yoga in the horoscope. This helps them to lead a happy life without any hurdles caused by the malefic effects of the bad planet in the birth chart. Ark Vivaha helps a male to get rid of Manglik dosha in the horoscope. Mangal Graha is the most Malefic Planet or Papi Graha as far as the marriage of a person is considered, and its position in certain houses results in Mangalik dosh.
Benefits of Performing Ark Vivaham :
1. This vivaham helps to remove Mangal Dosha from the horoscope.
2. To get a stable, long, happy, and fruitful married life.
3. It assists to free from second marriage problems.
4. It helps to get relief from any childbirth-related issues caused by Mangal.
Navagraha Puja is done on a special day (muhurat) which is derived in accordance with the horoscope of the native for who it is to be performed in order to get the maximum benefits.
In the Navagraha puja, the chanting of the mantra for the nine planets Sun, Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Mercury, Rahu and Ketu are done. These mantras are done to satisfy the Navagrahas. This is also called the process of Graha Shanti.
As per Indian Vedic Astrology, it is said that the nine planets affect the course of life and various aspects such as marriage, career, health, finances etc. Planetary placement in the horoscope forms the yogas or the doshas (negative influences) and due to these “Navagraha doshas” one faces obstacles and hindrances in life.
Benefits of Navagraha Puja (as per Puranas):
1. Pacifies malefic planets and Strengthens benevolent planets.
2. Removes obstacles in personal and professional life.
3. Blesses with good health, harmony, prosperity and success in all spheres.
4. For removal of all Vastu Doshas and for longevity of life.
5. Recommend for those who are recurrently facing obstacles, delays, struggles or losses/ disharmony in their career/business or family life.
Getting the Satchandi Path and Yajna performed is an act of great merit and brings immense blessings from the Divine Mother. In this the sacred book Durga Saptashati is recited 100 times by a team of learned Brahmins.
It bestows immense energy, removes hardships and debts and prevents from all kind of misfortunes. It also blesses devotees with success, authority, power and spiritual growth.
In Markandeya Purana, Lord Brahma Himself has stated that every human born should recite Durga Saptashati. It blesses one with protection and whosoever recites the Chandi Path is blessed with Vaikunth in his afterlife.
Benefits of Saptashati Chandi Path:
1. For Divine grace and blessings of Goddess Maha Laxmi, Maha Saraswati and Maha Kali.
2. For name, fame and success.
3. For good health and protection.
4. For fulfillment of wishes.
Navchandi is a Durga puja done to make wishes come true. By performing the Navchandi yagna, the worshipper gets freedom from sufferings. There is a popular Puranic saying that there are only two Gods who respond immediately to the prayers of the devotees.
- Navchandi is a Durga puja done to make wishes come true. By performing the Navchandi yagna, the worshipper gets freedom from sufferings. There is a popular Puranic saying that there are only two Gods who respond immeditately to the prayers of the devotees.
- They are Goddess Chandi and Lord Ganesh. As per ancient texts, Navchandi yagna bestows good health, wealth, prosperity, longevity, food, wealth, fame, success, strength. This yagna removes fear of ailment, danger, defeat in the hand of adversaries, and pacifies the malefics of the nine planets.
The Kathyayani Mantra mentions the following benefits of reading Devi Mahatmyam:-
- Three times – to get rid of effects of black magic,
- Five times – to get rid of difficulties caused by planets,
- Seven times – to get rid of great fears,
- Nine times – achieves Peace.
Kumbh Vivah (Female)
Kumbha Vivaha is performed for the female who is having Manglik dosh or having second marriage yoga in the horoscope. This helps them to lead a happy life without any hurdles caused by the malefic effects of the bad planet in the birth chart. Kumbha Vivaha helps a female to get rid of Manglik dosha in the horoscope. Mangal Graha is the most Malefic Planet or Papi Graha as far as the marriage of a person is considered, and its position in certain houses results in Mangalik dosh.
Benefits of Performing Kumbha Vivaham :
- This vivaham helps to remove Mangal Dosha from the horoscope.
- To get a stable, long, happy, and fruitful married life.
- It assists to free from second marriage problems.
- It helps to get relief from any childbirth-related issues caused by Mangal.
Narayan Bali Puja is performed to appease Lord Narayan for an unnatural death of a human or any Pitru dosh found in the horoscope. This puja is to be performed in all cases of unnatural deaths, like death by animals, arson, curse, cholera, disease, suicide, snake bite etc.
Narayan Bali in Gokarna is performed to fulfil and pacify the unsatisfied desires of the dead souls which are trapped in our world that stay with the soul even after death. To get rid of their own pain they trouble their own descendants. Lord Vishnu further states this in the Garuda Purana to Shree Garuda: – “Until the funeral rites are properly performed the dead man, ever-hungry, roams about day and night in the form of airy matter”.
Benefits of Narayan Bali Puja at Gokarna:
- Get rid of the ancestral curse and all obstacles, bad dreams & hindrances are dispelled.
- This is a remedy for all problems such as marriage & childbirth delays, financial troubles, illness, etc.
- Our ancestors will remain rest in peace and blessings of them are secured.
- Helps to get rid of the Negative effect of Pitru Dosha in the horoscope.
- Secures the Family from all the bad spirits after the performance of rites.
Tripindi Shraddha is the Pind Daan procedure performed to the ancestors of the past three generations when regular Shraddha has been discontinued for various reasons for three continuous years.
- As any Shraddha is perfumed to offer food and water to the Pitru devatas, Tripindi Shraddha is a ceremony of offering food and water to the souls of departed parents and ancestors. This is also known as Tripindi Shanti Vidhi.
- Objectives of performing Tripindi Shraddha are not just for providing momentum for the onward journey of souls that have not found proper liberation and tormenting surviving family members. In other words, this is performed to assist the souls entrapped in the nether world and attain Moksha.
- Generally, the regular Shraddha is performed, limiting to the three generations of the ancestors: Pitru (Father), Pitamah (Grand-father) and (Great grand-father). However, Tripindi Shraddha, in contrast, appeases the Pitrus from generations preceding even these.
Maha Sudarshan Homam is performed with an intention to eliminate all enemies, to avoid accidents, theft and burglary. The desires of human beings are endless and they vary in nature.
Maha Sudarshan Homam is performed with an intention to eliminate all enemies, to avoid accidents, theft and burglary. The desires of human beings are endless and they vary in nature. The Yantra (a symbol embedded in metal) used in the Homa, will keep all the negativity at a distance and attract divine and auspicious energies.
Sudarshan Pooja is performed for:
- Suffering caused by incurable diseases, sorcery or enemies are dispelled by Lord Sudarshan.
- Alleviates the suffering of the progeny belonging to later generations due to non-performance of the after death rites of the previous generations.
- Shields from the danger or problems, which may possibly occur in future.
- Protection from losses due to Thefts and Burglaries.
The ritual of Shraddha not only repays debts towards deceased ancestors, but also makes it easy to repay debts towards God and Sages. Sages are considered to be hot tempered in comparison to God and due to this nature they could curse one and thus entrap the embodied soul.